Tanchel.com respects the privacy rights of its online visitors. We treat Your personal details as confidential and we will never disclose, share or sell Your details to any third parties.
Tanchel.com will use Your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and the delivery fulfilment of Your order. We will use Your information lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We collect certain information about You for the following services:
Subscribing to Tanchel.com to receive our newsletters will only require You to provide your email address. Registering to Tanchel.com to create an account will require You to provide Your name, email address, telephone number, billing and shipping address.
When an order is placed with Tanchel.com, You will be required to provide Your credit card details to fulfil Your order. Please note we do not keep Your credit card details on file.
To prevent fraud Your personal information may be checked with credit agencies. You should be aware that where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose Your information if requested by the Police or to any relevant regulatory or government authority.
Registered customers will automatically be sent our newsletters via email, if You no longer wish to receive our newsletters simply click on the unsubscribe link contained within the email below the newsletter.
To improve site navigation and achieve visitor satisfaction we may gather non-personal data regarding our website’s performance through visitor statistics, customer patterns, visitor numbers, popular pages, browser and system types, referrers and URL links.
Access and Changing Personal Information
If You need to access Your personal information to change or update any personal details, please sign in to Your account and click on ‘My Account’ and select ‘Edit my details’.
You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
We collect all of this information from you for a number of different purposes, which we want you to understand – all of these purposes apply wherever TANCHEL does business, including countries outside your own. A number of specific uses for specific data is already detailed above. But we often need to use lots of different types of information or data collectively in order for TANCHEL to work and in order to be able to provide the Services to you. These more fundamental purposes include the collective use of your information:
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you, and to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so – for example by providing you with more customised services and a more customised experience on TANCHEL through things like language-specific profile pages, updates, and content, news, style advice and/or recommendations relevant to you to customise your experience on TANCHEL
- To set up, and manage your account, so you can place orders, so we can provide our products and services to you, so we can make sure that the items you order get to you (and get there on time!), so we can communicate with you about your orders and your account, so we can track potential problems and trends, and customise our support responses to better serve you – basically, this relates to the nuts and bolts of our online retail business. It’s everything involved in putting the products on the website, so you can browse them and then order them, and so we can then deliver them to you and answer any questions or queries you may have. These are all the things that make TANCHEL tick – and that get you looking good in your choice of our products!
- To ensure that our users are genuine and to ensure that we are paid for goods that we despatch – for example, by using personal information, or disclosing that personal information to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, in order to confirm your identity and conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Any such credit reference or fraud prevention agency may keep a record of that information but please note that a formal credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
- To update you on our latest products, news and special offers – if you have registered with us or provided us with your email address and elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post, telephone and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties. This includes if you choose to use the Facebook “like” button to indicate you like any of our pages or apps. Examples of these communications include: (1) welcome and engagement communications – informing you about how to best use TANCHEL, new features etc.; (2) promotional communications, including details of our latest sale or promotion. These messages will be sent to you based on your profile information and messaging preferences as selected by you in relation to your account. Please keep your settings up to date or contact our Customer Care team if you wish to change any of these preferences, including unsubscribing from our mailing list.
- To send services communications about things like service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning of TANCHEL. You may/will receive service messages even if have unsubscribed from our mailing list because they usually contain important information about your account, security or the Services which we need to make you aware of. You cannot opt out of service messages for this reason.
- To carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our site is being used, customer views, what we could do better etc, – these polls, surveys, analysis and research may be conducted by TANCHEL, or third parties. TANCHEL or those third parties may follow up with you via email regarding your participation unless you have opted out of receiving email messages. We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in polls, surveys, analysis or research, and verifying your contact information, which may require your contact information and other personally identifiable information to be provided to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer.
- To make TANCHEL’s products and services better and to develop new ones – TANCHEL uses and stores site statistical information and log data, to help it identify potential areas to improve the services we offer.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.orgYou can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.